Thursday, September 11, 2008

OPINION - Matt Damon takes aim at Palin

Check out this excerpt from AP:

Maybe I didn't write it, but it speaks to me like I did.

Actor Matt Damon has lashed out at U.S. Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin - insisting she's been chosen for "political purposes".

Damon fears Palin's running-mate John McCain won't survive a full four-year-term as president at age 72, and claims the Alaskan governor taking over would be disastrous.He says, "I think there's a really good chance Sarah Palin could become president, and I think that's a really scary thing. It's like a really bad Disney movie, the hockey mom, you know, 'Oh, I'm just a hockey mom from Alaska'... and she's facing down (former Russian) President (Vladimir) Putin...

It's totally absurd... It's a really terrifying possibility."And Damon takes issue with Palin's take on the creation: "I need to know if she thinks dinosaurs were here (on earth) 4,000 years ago, I really do - because she's gonna have the nuclear codes."

2 comments:

Tambreet said...

Yeah, I saw this. He's totally right, and the fact that she's being so stingy with interviews makes it even worse.

I've never understood why being educated, or being "elite" is such a bad thing when running for President. They're going to be the leader of the free world, they should be creme de la creme.

Here's the video quoted in the OP.

Tim Myers said...

I totally agree!!

I will soon be posting a Rant on my website about the double speak from notable Republican supporters. It is based a piece seen on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart". Here is the link:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card

It terrifies me that she could be President! It is not her being a woman, it is what she thinks.